Below is the description of each required element of an APA style essay or research paper:
- APA Style essays and research papers have a few overall formatting rules, such as 85 X 11 paper, double-spacing, 1-inch margins, readable font/size (e.g., Times New Roman, 12), and a specific running header on each page.
- The next mandatory element of an APA style paper is the title page. This separate page must contain the mandatory running header, the title of the paper centered on the upper half of the page, the author’s name, and finally the name of the institution.
- The second page of an APA style paper is the abstract. The abstract is simply a single page on that summarizes the major thrust of the paper’s content. For graduate level work, the abstract will typically include the research subject, participants, methodologies, results of analysis and conclusion. The abstract of an APA college essay should be a single paragraph, double spaced and with no indentions. It is optional, but often a good idea, to include keywords, for the purpose of enhancing database search capabilities, and some remarks about the implications of the research. The abstract should be between 150 and 250 words.
- Mastering and applying proper in-text citations is crucial when producing a proper APA college essay. When a citation is made, it should include the last name of the author and the year of the publication. This information should be enclosed in parentheses. Proper nouns should be capitalized. Direct quotations should be enclosed in quotation marks. Direct quotations in an APA college essay should also be followed by the page number where the quote can be found in the published work.
- Headings, while not mandatory for APA essay writing, are an extremely useful way to divide a research paper into sections.
- The end of an APA college essay or research paper requires a reference list. APA essay writing reference lists have specific formatting rules. References should be arranged alphabetically by the author’s last name. Other rules are as follows:
- All authors must be named, last name followed by first name, up to seven authors.
- The first line of a reference must be indented the standard one inch. Following lines must be indented an additional half inch, including the exact title of the work, and other information including place and company of publication and date.
Option One: Buy APA essay products from BestEssayWriting.org
Option Two: Have Your Essay or Paper Formatted by BestEssayWriting.org Experts
Students who do not need to buy APA essay works can opt in to submit their own essays or papers for our experts to format. We have APA professionals who remain continually updated on the latest format guides from the APA. BestEssayWriting.org and can quickly and easily format your work and return it, meeting your provided deadline.
Whichever option is selected, students will find that whether they buy APA essay writing and/or formatting services, our price vs. service ratio is simply the best, and our original essays and papers are completed by top-notch degreed professionals.